We don’t believe in all work and no play and we want to make sure you have some fun while you are here. There are three parties for you as well as the daily gathering at the Birdhouse tent.
- Early Work Week BBQ: As a special thanks for those who work the Fri., Sat., and Sun. after Thanksgiving, each year we host a free “BBQ” at Talons Restaurant near Red Tail Stadium on Sunday afternoon (Dec. 1, 2019). This event is free and is for those who worked on mountain that Sunday. The timing for this event is weather dependent, and you will be released from the mountain as conditions permit. Also weather dependent is whether nor not we need to return to the course after the BBQ. The Birdhouse Tent will be open afterwards but you will be able to check out at Talons on this day only.
- Talon Crew Party (Tue. Dec. 3, 2019): As many volunteers need to travel on the final Sunday of BOP and are unable to attend the Volunteer Party, we host this fantastic event specifically for Talon Crew. Guests are welcome, and encouraged, as an opportunity to share the Talon Crew experience with your family, friends, or host. The party is held at Northside Kitchen in Avon, on the frontage road just north of the main Avon exit. These are the same people who provide us with those killer breakfast burritos and donuts. This is a fine dinning setting where you get to choose from pre-selected gourmet entrees, salad, dessert, and your first two beers or glasses of wine. Bottles of wine, cocktails, and gourmet upgrade menu items are available. The cost is $25 /pp, plus tax, tip and upgrade items. You just pay your server. We do need you to RSVP so that the restaurant knows how many to expect. We will send out an eVite or set up an RSVP list as Spruce Saddle. There is plenty of free parking surrounding the building with an overflow lot across the street. Doors open at 5:30pm.
- BOP Volunteer Party (Sun, Dec. 8, 2019): The all volunteer party will be held in the Powder 8 room at the Hyatt in Beaver Creek Village. The event is free but is for volunteers only, sorry but no guests. You will need to show your credential at the door. Park in the Elk Lot and take the shuttle up. The Elk Lot is free if entered after 1:00pm. Light dinner, bar, raffle. Doors open at 6:00 pm.
- Birdhouse Tent: Located in the tent above Race City next to Lift 6 Centennial Express and is open daily. After you Check Out, please stick around and rehydrate on us. This is a great opportunity to kick back with your friends and share the experiences of the day. Free and open to all volunteers. Check Out opens at 2:00pm for those who need to leave early. Service begins at 4:00 pm and last until 7:00pm or until we kill the keg. Times may vary based on workload and weather conditions and we’ll adjust the close time accordingly.
- (2019 BOP Volunteer Party and Birdhouse Tent locations and times to be confirmed)